Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Analyzing Purpose

In this blog post, I will be answering a few questions on what I want my purpose of project 3 to be.

Davis, Don. "Coast Impact". 8/10/11 via Wikipedia. Public Domain License.


1. I want my readers to be more in tune with the dangers of fracking. But beyond that, I want them to recognize that there is a huge energy problem in the world today and that we can't keep relying on nonrenewable sources of energy like the natural gas hydrofracking is going after. If we find alternate sources of energy and understand how to utilize them efficiently, then this whole problem will go away.


2. Plausible Actions: I think it's very likely that my readers will feel a bit scared and maybe even guilty after reading what I have to say about hydrofracking. Because I will be shedding light on the big picture (worldwide energy problems), my audience will then think about what they have done wrong and how they themselves have wasted energy that comes from nonrenewable sources. Hopefully, this will spark something in them and help change their ways and be a bit more environmentally conscious of the energy they use and why it's important to control that.

Not Plausible Actions: I highly doubt that any kind of anger will be a reaction to my opinion. I don't plan on blaming anyone or being harsh, I simply plan on stating facts that will be shocking to most of my readers.


3. The plausible action I'm focusing on is raising awareness about the energy issues worldwide. I believe that raising awareness to this very real problem will cause my readers to want to change their ways and/or help to protest harmful environmental processes like hydrofracking. They will understand that obtaining fossil fuels like natural gas only increases the negative effects on the environment, wastes water, and contributes to the energy problem. More protests against fracking could be a possible result or cutting down on their energy use could also happen.


4. The people most likely to help my cause would be environmentalists. They have such a passion for keeping the environment clean and safe, so naturally they would want to contribute as much as they can to bettering the world as well as helping others see how to do that. I'm hoping that this particular audience will go to greater lengths to help this cause once they fully realize the contribution hydrofracking makes to the energy problem with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment