Sunday, November 22, 2015

Reflection on Project 3

In this blog post I will be answering questions from Writing Public Lives in order to reflect on project 3.

Daniel, Brandon. "Baby Elephant Running". 6/19/09 via Flickr. CC Attribution 2.0 Generic License.


1. From the first draft to my final draft, I addressed the "how" and "so what" questions much more in depth  based on the feedback I got from Stef in her peer review of my draft.

2. I didn't really have to reconsider either my thesis nor the order my paragraphs and ideas went.

3. I did reconsider my audience and their background knowledge a bit when revising my rough draft and felt that adding more statistics would help them to better understand the greater issue at hand than just hydraulic fracking.

4. I think the changes I made made me more credible because it forced me to add more evidence to back up my argument.

5. The changes will help them understand the world energy issue I was mainly discussing.

6. I split a lot of sentences up to better convey the point I was trying to make.

7. To me, I feel like short sentences are straight and to the point so the readers don't get lost in the words or phrasing, so that helps make my points more efficiently.

8. I reconsidered some conventions of a letter and had to remind myself to keep things casual and don't act like I'm writing a paper because an essay and a letter are two very different things.

9. Reflecting on what I did to get to my final draft for project 3 forced me to go over what I was thinking when making the changes I had to make. It helped me understand how I process and fix things for writing assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment