Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process

In this blog post, I will be reflecting on my writing process and how it has or has not changed over the course of the semester.


I feel as though overall, I am the same kind of writer in the sense that I still write how I speak which makes it pretty easy for me to get my point across (most of the time). However, my actual writing process has definitely changed a bit. In my blog post entitled "My Writing Process" from the beginning of the year, I wrote that "I am definitely a heavy reviser" with components from "procrastination and heavy planning". But looking back, I did the bulk of the work for the 3 projects in the very first draft so heavy revising wasn't really necessary. The first project definitely included a lot of procrastination and not so much heavy planning. As the semester progressed, the procrastination isn't a super big component of my writing process anymore (thank god!!).


"Cutest Little Cub". 7/13/15 via Flickr. CC Attribution 2.0 Generic License.



It took me a while to get into the swing of things after looking back at my blog post entitled "Calendar Reflection" which is why the procrastination was so prominent with project 1. About half way through the semester, I definitely started following the calendar I planned on at the beginning of the year. My time management has improved because I really had no choice, there's always something to do so it was easy to keep myself busy. This really made my stress level decrease because I always felt better after getting things done little by little. I'm hoping to improve my self motivation skills (it's still a struggle sometimes), but in the next 2-3 years I think I'm going to be really good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment