Saturday, September 19, 2015

Reflection on Project 1 Draft

In this post I'll be reflecting on my own rough draft of my QRG for genetic engineering in humans by answering questions given in A Student's Guide to First Year Writing.

I read and commented on Alex's and Chris's drafts.

McPhee, Nic. "Editing a paper". 01/26/08 via Flickr. Creative Commons License.

Audience

  • My classmates and my instructor will definitely be reading my QRG.
  • Their values and expectations will be for me to find out, I'm not sure what their thoughts on engineering controversies are so I don't know what to expect.
  • I need a significant amount of background information for my topic as does anyone else doing something with science. I added a lot of background info on the first page.
  • Casual, informal language would be just fine with my audience and for this genre as well.
  • An informal tone would also be okay with my audience. I'm not sure if I have been consistent with it throughout my whole QRG, but I'll keep that in mind.
Context
  • The formatting requirements include subheadings, white space, and images.
  • Content requirements are basically enough information, but not too much so it's not too overwhelming for the readers. There should be an adequate amount of info to fully cover the topic.
  • My draft does reflect the conventions of QRGs.

No comments:

Post a Comment