Friday, December 11, 2015

Reflection on Open Letter Draft

In this blog post, I will be answering some questions from A Student's Guide To First-Year Writing about the open letter draft I just wrote.


"Kittens Wallpaper". Via Fanpop. Public Domain License.
I peer reviewed Stef's open letter draft.

1. I feel like I demonstrated my ability to reflect and think about my writing doing this draft. I went over past blog posts and thought about how I have or have not changed in my opinion.

2. Yes I did provide analysis of my writing experiences by talking about my high school english classes and comparing them to this english course.

3. Concrete examples that I put in were in the form of quotations when I was discussing how my writing process changed over the semester. I could definitely put some more quotes in to add more examples though.

4. I didn't directly say "this is why I did X, Y, and Z", however my analysis of the course included what I was thinking and how I felt about certain assignments and the course layout in general. So, I'd say that counts as an explanation.

5. I used a lot of concepts related to organization and the conventions of writing a letter when making this draft. After I wrote down all of my main thoughts and ideas, I went back and read what I wrote and moved a lot of full paragraphs around to make it an easier read. Also, I kept in mind what sort of language I should be using in this genre.

6. Doing this writing assignment engaged habits like avoiding procrastination which I learned how to do during this course actually.

7. Challenges I face while writing this assignment included sitting down and taking the time to look back over all of the blog posts we've done this semester because it was kind of tedious, especially when I knew that I wasn't going to be talking about even half of them.

8. I can use my time management skills and brainstorming to help me with future writing assignments. They will allow me to work more efficiently and manage my stress level and work load as well.

1 comment:

  1. This is very much a work in progress whenever www.proessaywriting.com I find out about one who is more beautiful than any of these I will add her and kick out number ten Thanks for sharing the informative post.

    ReplyDelete