Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My Writing Process

1. I definitely feel like I am a heavy reviser with my writing. Often times I find myself rambling on and on about a topic once I get going. Then about half way through, I realize that I just wrote half of a page on something that wasn't even that important to begin with. I figure out what I want to say and where I want to put things after I have my ideas formed into sentences.

Earl. "Do and Undo". 2/17/08. Creative Commons License.


2. My writing process does include little components of the other approaches, like procrastination and heavy planning. I've never been the one to immediately start something right after it's given to me, but I also never really need more than 2 drafts to complete a piece of my writing.

3. I do feel like my writing is successful; I always figure out what I want to say and how to say it the right way. However, there is always room for improvement.

4. I think it might be helpful to me to move away from the procrastination side of me and stick to mainly heavy revising. It's never fun writing under pressure, so it would definitely be useful for me to stop procrastinating and I plan on it.


Reflection
After reading some of my classmates posts, I realize that my writing process seems to be a bit like theirs but also very different. I am envious of what Hunter said in his post in that he is a very heavy planner and doesn't really procrastinate. Like I said before, I really should stop procrastinating, but also I should try a bit more planning too. It seems to work really well for him. I think I related much more to Betsy's post. She said that she tends to procrastinate especially when she doesn't enjoy what she's writing about. Also, Betsy feels like her mind kind of speaks its own language and is sometimes difficult for her to put her thoughts into words which made me feel a lot better about myself. I feel the exact same way as she does and knowing that I'm not the only one is comforting. I am inspired by Hunter to start planning more and maybe that will solve some of the issues I come to when writing.

5 comments:

  1. I can most definitely relate to the fact that you're a heavy reviser and a procrastinator because that's the same that I wrote on my blog. I feel like I am in no rush until the end but I don't like to do things more than just a couple times. It feels like a waste of time to me. I plan on trying to stop procrastinating as well! It's a tough thing to stop because I feel so comfortable in the routine I have been in for so many years. I feel like we definitely have the similar commentary in both of our blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your post definitely made me feel a little bit better about my own personal writing style! I can totally relate to you feeling like you only need to revise a paper about two times before you feel like it's complete. I personally spend a lot of time planning, and understand the procrastination aspect. Your idea on improvement definitely sounds doable, and I think you're on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like this blog is harder to read than it should be.... My eyes are hurting! I'd suggest changing the font to something much easier to read. That cursive, especially with the color palette you've chosen, doesn't read easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a similar writing process! The only difference is I am not a heavy revisor. About how long does it usually take you to revise? What do you generally change? I also am a heavy planner. Do you think this helps you in your writing process? For me, I know it is very beneficial. We are different in procrastination though; I don't do my assignment right away but I don't leave it until the last minute. How do you think procrastinating helps or hurts your writing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. mau nyobaik game baru SUPER10 gabung cepetan

    ReplyDelete