Thursday, August 27, 2015

Calendar Reflection

Gunn, Chris. "NASA Engineers Rehearse Placement of Webb Telescope's NIRSpec and Microshutters". 1/25/13 via Flickr. Creative Commons License.

I am an engineering major. In other words, I'm going to be spending a lot of time doing homework and studying and basically not screwing around. While this will be pretty hard, I think it'll help me in this class as well. In my weekly calendar, I have about 3-6 hours of designated homework and study time every day. I think it will really help me stay focused on school work. To relieve stress, I also have an hour work out session almost every day to take my mind off of things.


Reflection
After reading Lia's post, I was definitely comforted that I'm not the only one that's overwhelmed about the workload in college being so different than in high school. It's going to take some getting used to, but I feel good that I scheduled so much time for homework and studying into my calendar. Grace's post reminded me that I should stay confident and just do the work so there's nothing I need to stress about. I didn't really study in high school though except for the AP classes I took, but now every one of my courses is like an AP course. So in turn, I'll be studying for every single one of my classes in order to be successful.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in engineering too, so I know what you mean about homework. Also, your thought on working out is interesting. I was looking at working out as a another thing to schedule in, but I like your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I am not the only who feels that their rigorous homework schedule will assist them! I also have a lot of homework every day, and I also plan to work out. Working out is a great stress reliever. It is a great time to focus on you and your goals for the future and for the day! In addition, I like how you said your schedule will prevent you from screwing around! I felt like I was one of the only ones who did not want to go out and party due to a tough schedule. Everyone in my dorm seems to be going on a daily basis, and I feel trapped in my room. If you ever want to study together, I would love the company :)

    ReplyDelete